Juli Riedel Designs

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

August MMM DT Challenge

This month for our Design Challenge on Mixed Media Mojo -



Come join in and play along with on FB-https://www.facebook.com/groups/248263305651352/

Here is the tutorial on how to make this fun card.  I just love Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks. Half pigment and half ink, these inks are amazing when you blend and add water! So I started off with 5 colors- Broken China, Faded Jeans, Fossilized Amber, Frayed Burlap and Antique Linen.

The technique is to rub some ink on to your nonstick craft sheet in stacked up lines.  Then spritz with water and swipe your card stock from left to right in one motion. Check to see if you have any open spots and go back the opposite way from right to left.  Then dry with a heat tool.  Once it is dry, spritz a little water on it and dry again with a heat tool.


Once the card stock is dry, emboss the card stock with the Tim Holtz  bubble embossing folder.  Since our theme is under the sea with seashells as a twist, I needed to make some bubbles!


Once embossed, I added some definition of the bubbles with a white gelli pen.
Then I needed to make waves since I didn't have any wave dies. I tore the card stock into 4 sections and layered them onto another piece of white card stock.


After adhering the four ripped pieces to give the wave effect, I went back and added some Distress Oxide to cover up the white sections on the card.  Then I die cut seashells from Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers die and from Stampendous Die set.  I adhered the shells and sea oats and tied some sisal string around since that goes with shells and water! And voila, we have a quick and easy card!

Thanks for playing along and join us on  FB to join in our monthly Challenges!


No comments:

Post a Comment