Friday, November 3, 2017

November DT Mixed Media Mojo Challenge Autumn

Hello Everyone! Wow, I can't believe that November is here and 2017 is almost over!  Our challenge this month at Mixed Media Mojo is Autumn with a Twist of Leaves!  I made this fun tag with lots of mixed media goodies!  Let's get started!



This tag was a lot of fun to make as it had Distress Inks, Rub on's from Tim Holtz,  Maple Leaf die and embossing folder from Tim Holtz and his alphanumeric die set along with some ideaology ephemera.  To get started, I took a #10 manila tag and a multitude of Distress inks to ink up the background.

I used Ripe Persimmon, Festive Berries, Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed and Peacock Feathers. I took my ink blending tool and just made circles of color all over the tag and then sprayed a little water with my Distress Spray Tool from Tim Holtz. What I like about the Spray Bottle is that it has two settings to make big drops or a spray.  I air dried with my Ranger Air tool.

Once the tag was dry, I used the Rub on's from Tim Holtz in Botanicals
 and put them randomly on the tag. These also act as a resist and you could put them on first and then ink up as well. I love the look of these randomly on the tag.


So with the background now complete, I moved onto the focal point which were the beautiful Maple Leaves. This is an older Tim Holtz die but still available online. I used watercolor paper to cut the first two leaves out and then the embossing folder that comes with the die to give the texture to the leaves.  Then I used corrugated cardboard for the second leaf and cut it out with the die but did not emboss the corrugated cardboard.



Then to achieve the washed colors of the leaves, I used a water pin and the distress inks for the back ground and water colored the leaves.  I love the effect of distress inks on watercolor paper!



Then after I dried the leaves with a heat tool, I used double sided foam tape to give a lift to the brown corrugated leaves and then matt medium to adhere the color leaf on top. The brown leaves kind of look like a shadow of the color leaf and I love the texture!!!

Then to finish up I inked up some white card stock in peeled paint and walnut stain. I cut out the word Autumn with Tim Holtz Alphnumberic dies in the walnut stain card stock and put it over the Peeled paint card stock for a back ground.  Some Ideaology hardware attached to give some more texture and the tag is complete!

Thank you for stopping by and Happy Thanksgiving!

Join in on the fun at FB Mixed Media Mojo Challenges-https://www.facebook.com/groups/615409995216200/

No comments:

Post a Comment