Thursday, July 26, 2018

3D skull

I got the Tim Holtz 3D wood grain embossing folder and had to try it out!  Since I had a friend having a  birthday and  likes Halloween, I thought it would be fun to create a wooden skull!  I inked up some 110pound Neenah Solar Crest Card stock with Distress Inks. I used Brushed Corduroy, Ground Espresso, Gathered Twigs and Weathered Wood. Cut out the skull using the Tim Holtz Bigz Skull die and then embossed using the 3D embossing folder in wood grain.  I cut out 4 extra skulls to build up.ll.  Using a regular embossing folder from Tim Holtz, I ran the base of the card with the embossing folder. Then ran it again after color paper with Distress Oxides to blend and give a beautiful color for the background and the flowers.  Layered everything up and voila! Skull for a birthday! I think my friend will like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment