Monday, October 2, 2017

October MMM Design Team Challenge

It's October and my favorite time of year!  Fall, Pumpkins and Halloween!!!  Things have been a little upside down since Hurricane Irma rolled though but I am not going to be deterred from Halloween! Here is my latest project for Mixed Media Mojo Design Challenge- Theme is Haunted with Zombies as a twist!  Using Tim Holtz dies and products, I love the versatility of these dies!  So let's get started-




I started with a #10 tag and Tim Holtz Halloween Ephemera, Distress Collage Medium in Crazing and Distress Crayon in Hickory Smoke.  Layout your ephemera, remember that the zombie will cover some off it and put down with Distress Collage Medium in Crazing. The reason I used the crazing was that I wanted those tiny cracks that form after the medium dries!  It looks old and worn and spooky! 


When your collage is dried then go along the borders of each tag and rub in some Distress Hickory Smoke. It gives a great shadow effect on the tag.


Then I took some Tim Holtz silver kraft stock and embossed it with the mechanical embossing folder. I love this look and then die cut with the Zombie Die from Tim Holtz. After assembling, I spread some Distress Peeled Paint and Candied Apple on the zombie! Gives a great zombie look!  Then I took some creepy cloth to spread across the zombie and used Collage Medium to adhere along with some googly eyes!


I finished up with some Tim Holtz halloween Ideaology tags and name band with brads.  You can use what ever you want, the sky is the limit!  And that is it!  Thanks for stopping by!

Join in on the fun at -https://www.facebook.com/groups/248263305651352/

No comments:

Post a Comment